Cultural Heritage and Indigenous Relations
We respect the traditions and cultures of Indigenous People and recognise the unique relationship that they have with the land. Our focus is to work with the Indigenous People of the region and make it an essential part of successful operations.
Our principles for dealing with Native Title and Cultural Heritage include:
- The building of trust and respect
- Respect for human and property rights, and sites of cultural or religious significance
- A clear and concise approach to negotiations
- Adherence to acceptable protocols and meeting procedures that are endorsed by Indigenous People
- Identification and implementation of commercial enterprises, employment and career development opportunities
We ensure compliance with all laws and regulations relating to Indigenous People in Queensland. Our Company also expects its personnel to be educated in dealing with indigenous matters and actively foster relationships through respect, transparency and communication.