All projects considered, advanced and promoted by Moreton Resources and our subsidiaries will consider all impacts to the environment and communities, as well as the benefits to the broader stakeholder group including the Company’s shareholders.
Prior to conducting any exploration activities or development of our projects we must obtain an Environmental Authority from the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.
An Environmental Authority contains the conditions by which we must operate and how the impacts of our activities are to be managed. Prior to commencing our activities we considered:
- All relevant activities that are the subject of the Environmental Authority
- The land on which the activities are to be carried out
- The environmental values likely to be affected by the activities
- The potential adverse and beneficial impacts of the activities on the environmental values
- The environmental protection commitments proposed for the activities to protect or enhance the environmental values.
- All matters prescribed under an environmental protection policy or regulation.
- A rehabilitation program for land which is proposed to be disturbed.