Moreton Resources is committed to providing you with the best possible online experience. Moreton Resources is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
The purposes of our websites are to provide you with trusted information in regards in Moreton Resources and its subsidiaries.
Collection of your personal information
If you contact us via an online enquiry on www.tarongbasincoal.com.au or via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com we will collect the email address you nominate and any other identifying information you provide, such as a name or phone number. Please do not give us other personal or sensitive information.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share personal information with government agencies. If you ask us about an issue that needs to be dealt with by another agency, we will provide you with the necessary details to make contact yourself. You may opt out for further contact from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our site to read or download information, our web measurement tool and Internet Service Providers record only anonymous information for statistical purposes including:
- Your server and IP address
- The name of the top level domain (for example, .gov, .com, .edu, .au)
- The type of browser used
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited.
These statistics provide information to assist us to make improvements to the content and structure of our website.
We may also collect personal information that you choose to give us via online forms or by email, for example:
- You may subscribe to electronic mailing lists
- You may register to participate in an event through our online forms
Your email address details will not be added to a mailing list (unless you so request), nor will we disclose these details to third parties without your consent, unless required by law. Email messages may be monitored by our information technology staff for system trouble-shooting and maintenance purposes.
Cookies are text files that a website can transfer to your computer when you access information on that site. Cookies allow websites to recognise a user as you browse their website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google.
Information gathered using the Google Analytics cookie includes:
- The number of visitors to the Moreton Resources and MRV Tarong Basin Coal websites
- How visitors arrive at these websites, for example, did they type the address in directly, follow a link from another webpage, or arrive via a search engine?
- The number of times each page is viewed and for how long
- The time and date of visit
- Geographical location of the visitor
- Information about what browser was used to view the Moreton Resources website and the operating system of the computer
- Information about whether the browser supports Java and Flash
- The speed of the user’s internet connection.
How do we protect your personal information?
To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to communicate with you.
Accessing your personal information?
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you, and you may ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. These services are free of charge. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it. You can contact us by email email@example.com or send your request or complaint to:
PO Box 10684, Adelaide Street, Brisbane Qld 4000
We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
Phone: (07) 3831 6088
Post: Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 10684, Adelaide Street, Brisbane Qld